Real Vicenza’s scouts identify talented athletes as potential players for our Showcases,International Academy and affiliated Clubs. Our collaborators are looking for talent by visiting academies all over the world, consulting high schools or college coaches and alumni and watching videos of players’ performances.
Our scouts will also attend live sporting events to evaluate players’ talent and skills, and may meet with players and their families to get a better sense of their background and character. They usually interview players’ current coaches or teachers as well. Scouts may also attend professional sporting events to provide feedback about players that a club is considering sign to a contract. After watching a player, scouts will then report back to the management and provide an analysis of the player’s potential development with our International Academy.
Our best scouts usually work irregular hours, including weekends, nights and holidays, because they must attend sporting events. They must travel regularly as well, trying to find talented athletes throughout the country. In addition, they often work under a great deal of pressure, as their jobs depend on whether or not the athletes that they recommend succeed for their team.
Join Real Vicenza as a scout and contribute to the development of the recruiters’ team: we are building a structured recruitment strategy to identify and select elite young players all over the World!
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF RV SCOUTS
- to manage the effective operation of the company’s youth recruitment strategy in the 11-19 age range and then identifying potential players for the Academy or the clubs we work with
- to manage and keep up to date the monitoring, tracking, reporting and recommendation procedures for youth players before they join any activity
- to be able to support a team of scouts in the use of modern scouting methods with regards reporting, recording and tracking potential player targets
- to liaise with the Academy staff and keep regular reports on the progress of the players with regards retention and release
- to ensure contact networks are built, extended and serviced regularly in conjunction with Real Vicenza
- to organise and respond to all communications for trial requests in a professional way
- to organise ID Camps or Trials as a means for identifying talent
- to communicate with parents and guardians
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES OF RV SCOUTS
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the football industry and FIFA rules and regulations governing players and recruitment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good network of contacts
- Excellent organizational qualities
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload
- Trustworthy and adherence to codes of conduct, ethics and confidentiality